Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To wear or not to wear a Helm?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 06:12 PM   #237 (permalink)
East告de
Veteran Member

Welp, at least the focus is off of me :-)

But honestly, now this is becoming political. In NJ it's state law for children under 18 to wear helmets on the mountain. I haven't heard any sort of backlash that has come from this. Another aspect to consider is that requiring helmets may lower insurance premiums for the resorts themselves allowing them to operate with less liability and cost. I don't know if its true or not, but that's another angle to look at.

I do think it should be personal choice for adults who are smart enough and considered mature enough to make their own decisions, but I also see nothing wrong with requiring children to wear helmets and hopefully setting a precedent where that will become the norm for them once they turn 18.

On a smaller side note, it'd be nice if we could stop referring to it as nazism .. Nazism exterminated 6 million Jews along with millions of others and really shouldn't be used to describe something like this. Just my opinion of course !

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX

Last edited by East告de; 03-18-2013 at 06:14 PM.
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote