Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To wear or not to wear a Helm?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #241 (permalink)
CheeseForSteeze
With extra cheese.

Default Re: To wear or not to wear a Helm?

I finally bought a helmet last week. Bern Watts for those who care. I honestly think it won't do jack in the majority of accidents that occur in snowboarding and will only lessen the severity of ones that involve the neck/head. In extremely rare circumstances, it may exacerbate injuries, particularly to the neck by increasing torque delivered by increasing the moment arm of a force which causes rotation. However, there's also very little burden to own and use one. Therefore, I believe it's more of a personal choice than anything else.

Not to get political, but laws about helmet use are the last thing we need. Like the rash of laws recently further restricting firearms available to law abiding citizens, helmet laws do almost nothing to improve society and at the expense of our personal freedom.

Wear one or not, I am not going to say anything if you do or don't. But if you ask me for a recommendation, I will say get one and wear it.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote