Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2008 Flow "The Five" Bindings
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 06:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenzo View Post
The second problem I had was the bindings shipped with bolts that were too short! One of the bindings I ordered (I ordered 2 pairs) came with replacement bolts, the other didn't so had to buy some slightly longer ones. The binding that had the replacement came with a warning card saying the bolts were too short which then explained why I couldn't get them to screw in
Yeah, that kind of pissed me off. I think my replacement screws and the warning were hiding under a piece of cardboard, so I used the screws that came with it which at the time seemed fine. Got out on the hill, was speeding down the mountain and my binding pulled out, stripping all four of the holes it was in, ruining my good setup on my brand-new Anthem, and on top of that causing me endless amounts of pain and shame. Traded those bindings out fast. Now I have to move my binding over a notch to make up for the ruined threads. Not a big problem, but lame nonetheless.

A few months later while cleaning my room, I found the box and was breaking it apart for the trash when a small bag of replacement screws fell out, along with the warning, "Don't use the screws that came with the bindings. USE THESE SCREWS!" Why in god's name would you put the bad screws in to begin with?! Yeah, maybe I should have been more thorough looking through the box, but I wasn't expecting a problem so how would I know to look?

Apart from that, I didn't think they were all that great. I also didn't like how hard it was to put them on on an incline. The highback could be tricky at times to undo and redo as well. I probably won't ever try Flows again, I'm kind of bitter about my experience.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote