Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Mt Hood Meadows the last couple days-
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
jtg
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

NOAA National Weather Service

Quote:
Tuesday Night Snow. Low around 28. Windy, with a south wind 13 to 23 mph increasing to 23 to 33 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
Wednesday Snow showers. High near 31. Windy, with a west wind 32 to 37 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 16 inches possible.
Wednesday Night Snow showers. Low around 15. Windy, with a west wind 31 to 39 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
Thursday Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Is that reliable? It's linked from the Meadows site. If it is, I am driving down Wednesday night. That's like 3 ft in 24 hours!

I'm not familiar with the area, never been to Hood. Girlfriend and I were going to go to one of the WA resorts Thursday, but that's enough snow to make me change plans a bit. She is going to get a beginner ski package, I'm gonna go off and do my own thing. I'm only an intermediate, but I like finding powder stashes that don't require adventuring into places that I don't belong (Snowolf gave me a few places to check out in a previous thread, saved those). So between that for me and a good beginner area for her, are we better off at Meadows or Timberline?

Edit: Judging by the trail maps, it seems like Meadows might be better for us. The runs at Timberline are pretty narrow so I'm guessing it will be totally groomed unless you go exploring in the trees. Meadows seems to have some open areas off blue runs on the left side of the map which should allow some off-piste lines. But trail maps can be deceiving, so let me know if I'm out to lunch

Last edited by jtg; 03-19-2013 at 12:02 AM.
jtg is offline   Reply With Quote