Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Carving in springtime?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 04:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
EastCoastChris
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by herjazz View Post
for spring i switch to a warm temp wax, although the slush will rip off that wax pretty quickly :/ there's not much you can do on slush, i can't get the speed that i want even on steep blacks... that's why normally i hit the park in springtime. slush makes for softer falls if you fall, haha...
Ahhh. Waxing is real important for spring riding no? So on Sunday by about 2 PM my base felt like it was riding through dough. It wouldnt glide. I put flouro on a few days before. Day started hard (not icy), turned great for a couple runs then slushy in the afternoon in 50 degree temps. So that ride through dough feel means hoof to the car and touch up with express wax? I guess I didnt realize slush will take wax off in 10 runs in the spring.

(Opening day 2013-2014, Stratton)
EastCoastChris is offline   Reply With Quote