Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - where to look when jibbing
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
dabears

Just wanted to followup on this post and go over some of the things I learned over the past few weeks

Hitting the rail on an angle helps (was doing parallel before) to get the rail where you want it (under middle, or a single leg).

Keeping wait centered or possibly a little front loaded depending on what your doing, while on the kicker to the rail. I noticed that after a few successful attempts I would try to hit it at a higher speed, this caused me to instinctively lean back more on the kicker. If your weight is to much on the back foot then that side will slip out once you get on the rail.

I went to park city the other day and their rails where alot lower to the ground then what I have been hitting at Pow Mow. This was very nice because I was able to plan out my landing more. you can figure out where on the rail you want to land when jumping from the kicker (like what Snowolf is talking about above). Once you have that down things get alot easier. Figuring out your trajectory when jumping from the kicker is a major part of it all. But its one of those fundamental skills that goes further then just park activities.

Thanks to the replies above, and if any one who knows more sees something wrong please speak up, this is only what I have learned to be true over the past few weeks.
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote