Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Malavita EST vs Cartel EST vs Genisis EST
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #43 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

For the big guy on the 66 of these options definitely the Malavita. But realistically I'd be looking elsewhere outside Burton. If you're looking for stiffer bindings that are going to get out to 15's you dont want Burton anyway. They start to get tough at about 13 and the reflex disc provides very little binding centering. You are much better off in something like Targas or Capos.

To the new Custom X, Malavitas or Diodes. Being full camber you'll be driving into your contact points a lot which means you need a torsionally stiffer binding. The Cartel just wont let you push through turns the way the X wants you to.

The Malavita gets marketed as a freestyle binding casue 2 years ago compared to the Cartel that's what it was. It hasnt changed, but the Cartel has. Honestly Burton is missing a binding in there line. You go from a decent all mountain freestyle binding, the Malavita, to an ultra stiff high price freeride binding in the Diode. The Genesis only replaced the Prophecy/C02 in price and they need something to replace it in performance as well. There's a gap. A gap in which they had a great hold on the market in the past.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote