Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Malavita EST vs Cartel EST vs Genisis EST
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #44 (permalink)
trapper
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
For the big guy on the 66 of these options definitely the Malavita. But realistically I'd be looking elsewhere outside Burton. If you're looking for stiffer bindings that are going to get out to 15's you dont want Burton anyway. They start to get tough at about 13 and the reflex disc provides very little binding centering. You are much better off in something like Targas or Capos.
Funny that you just posted this; I ordered some Capos literally 10 minutes ago after chatting with Leo about this on Saturday and trading PM's with him today. I like Burton, but since the two of you know your shit and have basically suggested the same model(s), I'm going to go with the Rides even despite the bad stuff I've heard about their customer service. Realistically, they do seem to be the best option for me here.

I thought of reaching for the El Hefe's, but figured they'd be overkill for my board and skill level at this point, even despite my size. I'm assuming that I'm going to notice a big enough difference already between the Capos and my old Missions (those guys are getting slapped on my old board to use as a junker).

Thanks for taking the time to reply, it's much appreciated.
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote