Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Scorpioned while flat basing and now I can't anymore
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 04:53 AM   #137 (permalink)
ItchEtrigR

Default Re: Scorpioned while flat basing and now I can't anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by East§ide View Post
That's EXACTLY how I felt yesterday. I'd go flat on the Evo and immediately feel unsafe ( hardpack over ice, some loose granular pushed around unevenly by skiers). I literally felt like I was trying to stand on one of those big bouncy workout balls.. The nose wanted to go one way, then the tail, to the point where I realized it was just not safe to ride like that. I made it across the flat fine putting some slight heel pressure and if I did start slowing down I shifted my weight over the nose. No matter how much I WANTED to be totally flat, my board and body kept telling me it was a bad idea.

That being said, I wonder how I'd feel if I was riding a Mod Rocker or a Buckwild or any other mostly flat based board. I can't really compare to camber as I haven't ridden camber in so long I don't even remember what it feels like. I know on my 09 GNU DK (full rocker) it has even less contact than the Evo and there's no shot of that happening on this coast
My cambered (Operator, Uninc) boards ride stable, compared to my other boards which tend to want to wiggle out of direction more frequently. Camber can get a bit twitchy as you'll feel the contact points up front. To me its quicker and easier to micro adjust while flat on a cambered deck.

My slayblade is flat and is less twitchy, a bit more wiggle, a bit slower to adjust.

My brigade is flat with minimal rise of 4mm and its the board with the most wiggle but being the softest its also not as slow to adjust as the slayblade.

Stiffness seems to play a part especially on flat or rockered boards, but doesn't seem to effect the cambered decks in the same way...

It's anyone else feeling the same?
ItchEtrigR is online now   Reply With Quote