Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #3604 (permalink)
trapper
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
This is crazy. I know I just started riding but I've been in Michigan since childhood and I don't remember winter holding on this long.
I grew up 15 miles from Lake Michigan so it's not quite as unusual for me. It's amazing how comparatively mild the winters down here are compared to up there with it only a few hours' drive away. Despite the unseasonably warm weather last March I seem to remember a pretty big 15 inch overnight dump we got late last year up there; we went to Caberfae that Sunday to take advantage of it. I don't remember exactly which weekend that was though.

My mom still tells stories of how when I was a kid and we lived near Arcadia (just west of Crystal Mountain, actually) there were winters where we had to actually park a mile down the road and walk to the house because the plows couldn't keep up with all the snow. She has pictures of plow piles on the sides of the roads (not in big parking lots) that were 8-10 feet high. And no, these photos were not photoshopped!

Still, having said all of that, compared to the recent winters we've had I'll have to agree with you.
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote