Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #3606 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
Boyne reported an additional 8" overnight. This shit is insane.

It's not unheard of, but it's especially welcome given how bad last year was and how shitty this season started out.
They may be reporting they got another 8", but what they've actually gotten is about 18" or so!!! They have got some AWESOME fucking snow here!!!
Deepest shit I've ridden since I started 2 years ago!! I'm finding I have to learn how to ride all over!!! IT's GREAT!!!!

Here's how I looked the first time I fell,.. beard froze solid and I had to ride like that for an hour or so!!
rotate_photo.JPG

Best of all,.. It been puking snow since about 3:30! ...and tomorrow they are going to open back up the North Side via "Interconnect!!" Nobody's been riding there all week! It will have almost TWO FEET of UNTOUCHED POWDER!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!! I'm doing stuff and making moves I never thought I could at this stage of my riding!!! I look like a pro running down the narrow chair lift gully winding in & out, up the sides and staying on my feet with all the bumps & moguls piled up in it!! I've even done a 7-8 small "Pop's" off some little features! Not much height, but I managed to cover 8-10 ft between liftoff & touchdown!!! I even nailed it switch at least three times!!!!

I LOVE THIS!! (Leo,.. the NS is AWESOME in this shit!!!)
(...sorry Dave! Come sunday I'll be at 43 days riding for the season!)

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15

Last edited by chomps1211; 03-20-2013 at 08:08 PM.
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote