Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To wear or not to wear a Helm?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #332 (permalink)
East告de
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKRIDER View Post
You should not wear a beanie under it...a loose helmet is worst than no helmet for neck injuries AFAIK. I do use a thin under helmet...but then my head is shaved
i would say youre right but in my particular case, there is literally no movement at all with my helmet on and my beanie..in fact, the velcro on the inside of the helmet from where the earpads were tends to stick to the beanie and hold it in place even better. i realize that riding with a loose helmet makes no sense at all, so i make sure that the fit is correct.

edit: im also a sunglass freak and much prefer being able to take my helmet off without removing my goggles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV82 View Post
He's right on.. Tons of people do it though, I don't know how ppl can wear stuff under them anyway, they're hot as shit.
Just get a thin balaclava.
i wear an underarmour hood/face masks and a beanie over it...with the Bern Baker it really doesnt get that warm in there, especially with the winter padding removed. Plus sweating always makes me feel like i worked out harder than i probably did lol

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote