Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Wtf!
Thread: Wtf!
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 05:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

I still consider myself a Super NooB! I was worried about the same thing after I got my Garage Rocker. It rode so differently than my cambered Arbor Roundhouse, actually it was WAY easier to ride! (Heel to Toe transitions were fast & effortless, also WAY softer flex!) The situation became even more pronounced when I bought my used NS Proto CT. Both of these are regular width, short, (...by comparison,) boards. 159 / 157 respectively! The Arbor is 163!! I was concerned that I would lose a lot of the skills I gained learning to ride on the Wide Arbor!

My solution is to take both boards (...or even all three!) with me, check them and switch them out during the day so that I don't lose the feel for riding any of them, especially my Arbor!

BTW, I just became an "Official" POW initiate this weekend!!!! Boyne Highland's, in the ULP of MI, got over two feet of Fresh this week! In the two years I've been riding, this is the most AWESOME snow I've ridden!! It was knee deep all over the resort, and In some places it was up to my THIGHS!!!
I had to learn how to ride all over again!! Fuckin' amazing conditions!!! (...I rode all three boards in this and LOVED 'EM ALL!!)

{edit}
...on my way out for day 41!!!!!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote