Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Base layer advice needed
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
KIRKRIDER
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
So I've got top of the line shell, mid, core layers. Base layer is top o line too, but its like an under armor type, skin tight. No matter what I sweat...... No adjusting of layers is going to stop it.

When I stop for lunch I freeze, even inside, because my base layer is drenched and tight against my skin. It takes at least 3 runs to hopefully get warmed back up, if I'm lucky. Sometimes I never get warm again.

It's not the wind. I get the same cold feeling when I wear the under armor or Nike dri fit workout shirts on my indoor treadmill at 65-70 *. Once I get off the treadmill I gotta get that wet shirt off because I start to get cold.

Now that I think about it maybe its the material not the tightness. It's all meant to wick but it can only do so much.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and benefitted from going to a Patagonia or merino wool type base layer?

Its literally ruining the second half of my day. Worst case I go to REI and can return , but wanted to get some OTHERSs advice/experience etc.....
It sounds like you're just overdressed... I use Patagonia Capilene 3 base layer, and perspires perfectly. base layer ( top and bottom) pile sweater (ight) NanoPuff when it's really cold,or directly Gore Tex shell.
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is online now   Reply With Quote