Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Base layer advice needed
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
pdxrealtor
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
i can't ride in tight base layers. i ride with a nike dri fit type t shirt and a light or heavy smartwool long sleeve t. the only other piece i use besides my shell is a patagonia r1 fleece - probably the most versatile piece of layer equipment patagonia makes besides maybe a down sweater. but you don't want a down sweater - you need wicking. smartwool.
Ya that dri fit is the shit. In my gym it's the least of all my other workout shirts to get so wet you can ring sweat out of it. And the least cold I get after a hard workout when I've sweat my ass off.

I took your suggestion and got the mountain hardware vest for core warmth, its helped tones combined with a fleece. Or ditch the fleece and just base and vest plus shell. Thx for the tip.

I'm only looking to change base layer at this time. I think my TNF fleeces are great at wicking.

Would want something long sleeve. Think I know what direction I need to go be it smart wool, merino , dri fit etc..... Anything but spandex.

Ninja suit looks interesting........ Merino
pdxrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote