Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #797 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrettDSP View Post
I'm thinking about trying to squeeze one last trip out west(probaly Vail/BC) and come the last week of the season, April 6-13. I know no-one has a time machine or can predict the weather that far out, but historically is this last week normally a good time or has the weather gotten too warm and the snow is crap and dirt spots are showing thru? Trip will probaly cost me about $1k so before I just want to make sure It would be worth my hard earned money. While I would love powder as long as the snowpack is still holding well and the ground isnt showing I could justify the trip.

TIA
Well 2 years ago was epic and Loveland and Abasin went to 4th of July (roughly). Last year was shit and they pretty much closed the first week of May.

Only other thing to consider is that in this part of the year we are almost to the point where the mountains will have afternoon storms every day. The chances of you hitting some fresh are probably better than in Oct-Feb.

We get pounded in march and april.

You could get skunked, but shit will be open. Also consider higher elevations like Abasin and Loveland, I've heard some recent horror stories of BC melting out fast already (its relatively lower).