Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To wear or not to wear a Helm?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #304 (permalink)
tokyo_dom

On Saturday we had some of the worst conditions i have ever boarded on. 15 degrees Celsius on the mountain the previous day, melting most of the top layer, then an incredibly cold night and 0 degrees on Satuday, refreezing that melted layer into a rock hard ice pack. Not just some runs, but every single run was like this. And even at 4:30pm, there was no slush built up, just slick, noisy ice.

Worst conditions may be subjective though, because of the lack of moguls/bumps it meant that every run could be bombed faster than i have ever ridden before.

However my wife was not enjoying it so much. Caught a heel edge a couple of times and not even padded shorts could save her from nasty bruises. And after hitting her head once (mild concussion), she has finally agreed "I want a helmet"

She was dead set against helmets until that fall (said that they were ugly, and that only pros need them)... and i feel bad, but i am almost happy she fell. Feel much safer with her having maximum protection possible.
tokyo_dom is offline   Reply With Quote