Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

What Gear Should I Purchase?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  tj_ras 
#1 ·
Hey, ive been snowboarding since well January of this year (2013) ive loved watching it and just wanted to get on a board and go, so i purchased a snowboard and went up my local hills which for me are the Lickey Hills and its main hill The Beacon Hill, the gear i currently have are as followed:

Goggles
Balaclava
Snowboarding Trousers
Snowboarding Jacket
Snowboarding Gloves

Sadly i dont have any boots just yet, i have been using work boots and im sure thats not the safest of ideas but i am beginners and have yet to learn that

i was wondering though if i am missing out any crucial gear? ive seen wrist protectors advertised for sale, etc, im just curious as what i should purchase next, thanks

#2 ·
Definitely boots. Totally different experience when using proper boots. It is also the most important bit of equipment you're going to buy. You'll probably need to try on quite a few pairs unless you're really lucky and find the perfect ones right off. Seriously though, this is where price really shouldn't matter. If the right ones are 100$ great, if they are 300$ then you save elsewhere. You'll likely want a helmet too.

#7 ·
Saw a kid a few weeks ago riding a rental board with hikers, jeans, and a carhart....no gloves, no hat, no goggles, nothing. It wasnt to cold out but still he spent most of the time on his butt and had to be freezing. Some nice guy did stop and gave him a pair of gloves and stuck with him for a few runs that i saw to help him out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.