Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #3650 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
I have a question for you guys that I don't want to post in the main forum and get flamed for because I'm sure it's been covered. But with the new bindings I noticed I have those divots in my Heritage's base right beneath the screws where they are pulling up on the inserts. Didn't have them with my Missions, maybe because they were plastic and didn't have to tighten down on them as much? I tried to back off the screws enough to eliminate the divots but I feel like they're too loose to hold those bindings in safely when I do that. Does this maybe have something to do with the Ride Micro-Disc and the fact that the tension is more concentrated since the screws are closer together (from tip to tail) than they are on a standard 4X4 disc? For example, instead of skipping an insert between screws on a plate lengthwise, these discs use two consecutive inserts, which seems to me to be more likely to concentrate the tension on the base.

I don't know if this makes sense to you guys. Bigger question is are these divots going to even make a difference riding? I'm assuming there were there on Sunday when I rode so I doubt they are, but I want feedback from you guys that have more experience than me. Also are these going to damage my board in the long run, or is it pretty normal and no big deal? Never dealt with it on my old board or my new board with the old bindings.

Thanks.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. ideally you hand-tighten them and there's no dimples in the base. If that's too loose, or if you ride a few laps and discover that your bindings are wiggling a bit underfoot, then tighten up a little bit. Ultimately I don't think it's gonna do anything to your board, and unlikely to make a difference in what you feel when you're riding.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote