Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

What bindings?

4K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Triple8Sol 
G
#1 ·
Ok so I need to get bindings since all my stuff was just stolen. Anyways, I was thinking about the rome 390's and burton p1's. I really like the 390's but I am now noticing that it looks like the strap doesn't go over your toe.

What is the advantage of having a strap that goes over the toe as apposed to just over the top of the foot?

G
#3 · (Edited)
The exclusive Rome SDS Conformist.2 toe strap customizes to your boot, allowing you to choose over-the-toe, or over-the-top. Both straps are completely tool-free.
-Taken from kingkeyser.com

Found that on google. Defiantly going with those if that is true. I preferred the over the toe, I demoed my friends old p1s (got stolen with my board) and they had the over the toe. I liked them so much better then my over the toe bindings. But, those bindings were only like 25$, and not very good. They were like 70% off end of the year thing. With these I'll be able to test it both ways with the same binding.

#8 ·
mo flow

I've got an older FRX and some 11s. All work well. With the new ones, spend some time adjusting them before you get to the mountain. Then, just click and ride. You probably will need one more adjustment sometime during the day.

I love mine and recommend them to everyone from student to my teachers.

When you're on a lift that you know, you can clip in the back foot while going up. Then, you ride off the lift past the snow sitters. Sweet!

G
#12 ·
I went ahead and bought the late release of the 08 cartel ests! Thanks for the input everyone.

As for sitting in the snow strapping in. I always strap in on the lift, I don't sit in the snow at all.

G
#13 ·
Union

Get a pair of Unions!!! Burton bindings are shit and they will end up breaking on you. Unions will last you longer than any other. Don't waste your money on any other binding. I have said this before and I will say it agian... I swear by Union.

#14 ·
I second the Unions. Been thrashing mine for their 3rd season, about 60-80 days a year, and nothing has gone wrong on them. I'd say by the end of the year I'll replace the toe straps because of rail abuse but that's still only $15 for replacements. The best part is they haven't changed the design for 4 years now. Same solid stuff year after year.

G
#19 ·
I have heard nothing but good about Union Datas, 390's or cartels. Although flow is a great company i've heard more bad then good about them, but it seems that everybody that has them loves them and I heard as soon as you get them adjusted properly to your liking they're golden. Good Luck!

#20 ·
i would take a look into the ride rx bindings however if your looking for a flexy binding they may not be for you. I just think that they have good build quality with aluminum instead of plastic on most of the binding. I got some nice 07-08 RXs on a spring sale for like $99. They also have a convertable toe strap so you can wear it over the toes of over the top. I personally like over the toes, it seems to take away from the pressure that over the top generates on your foot since the boot is stiffer at the toe region.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.