Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Scorpioned while flat basing and now I can't anymore
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #143 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

One more flatbasing comment... (I talk about groomers. I think its clear that we all flatbase in pow).
Had this discussion with my husband. As mentioned before, I stay quite centered with slightly more weight on the front foot. He says, that this is ok at my (in his opinion rather slow) high speed, but if he's up at real high speed (over 65mph), he stays well in the hind seat. His argument was that you've less base contact and thus less risk that an edge could contact slightly uneven snow. Heard the same thing of a race pro, who recomnended me to put more weight on the hind foot to make the (Rc) board a more stable ride. Even if this sounds reasonable, it surprised me cause it's against all I've read so far. I'll never be able to make this observation cause I'm too scared to hit this speeds. But I'd be very interested if some of you guys, that ride such speeds have similar impressions.
neni is offline   Reply With Quote