Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

stevens pass

20K views 200 replies 19 participants last post by  jtg 
#1 ·
so i will prob be going this fri. i wanna ask those of u that board there how busy is it on fri or how busy should it be this friday? i know u guys dont wanna give up ur secret stash, but it would be nice if u could let me know some runs i need to hit up. hoping there is some deep powder.

#2 ·
Ride the backside during the daytime. It's usually less crowded, and has some great tree runs that hold powder well. Once the evening rolls in, head to the frontside, or the park. No matter what, have a blast! Stevens is a fun place to ride! :D

#4 ·
If it keeps snowing like it has been since last night it'll be busy (still not as bad as a Sat or Sun). They had 10" today and we still never had to wait in a lift line. But, it's a Wednesday (one of the only plus' of working a retail schedule? Having random weekdays off to do this stuff :yahoo: ). I think there's another 8 or 10" dumping tonight so it should still be pretty good by Friday so I'd say by afternoon time you may have a wait for some of the good runs.

I'm still a total newbie, so I haven't done anything other than a billion bunny hill runs and two of the intermediate ones. Out of the two intermediates I've done (Hogsback & Skyline), I really enjoy Skyline. I will one day get the nerve (and skill) to hop over to 7th Heaven after that lift. But I like that there was a lot of ungroomed areas on that run.

#5 ·
Continue riding Hogs and Skyline, but dont ride the groomers, try Hogs under the chair or Merk (sp?) Woods, great place to learn trees, steeps etc. When my friends and I started, our boards didnt have edges, so we were forced to ride off of the groomers, now looking back, I'm glad we did, it made us much better riders. Just start out at slower speeds, pick your lines and dont get stuck on the flats.

#10 ·
I don't remember which way we went off the chair from Hogs, but whatever one it was, it sucked. Didn't help that it was hard packed and it was my first non bunny hill. I think my tailbone is still bruised from that :laugh:

I am beyond jealous of anyone that can ride whenever. I spent all day at work today hating every second being stuck inside. Probably didn't help that it was also gorgeous out today and I had to help people buy handbags. Yippee!

J, when I get better and can handle something other than Skyline I'll join! I wanna do it all and check the entire mountain out. Eventually. Someday. Maybe next season, lol.

#13 ·
Those are both some pretty serious runs.

I wouldn't recommend anyone go these places without someone who knows where they are going. You could get seriously hurt if you didn't know where to ride. So, please don't go thinking anybody can ride these places.

#18 ·
I've only ever gone to the left when doing Skyline. I like that it's a long run.. gives me a lot of time to try and practice things and get better. Right under the chairlift is a black run, so I stay far away from that :laugh:.

From looking at the trail map, the run right under the Hogsback lift is Blue Trail which is what I did the only time I went on that lift. It might be different when it's fresh, but trying that when it's hard packed sucks ass. Though if you aren't a newbie like me I'm sure it's fantastic. But that was steep as hell for me.

And now I'm getting all sad talking about it since I won't be able to make it back out till the end of the month if I'm lucky. :thumbsdown:

#20 ·
Last time we went, last run of the day I was going down Skyline. Instead of following it to go by the park I went towards Exhibition instead. That was one of those 'I immediately regret this decision' moments. Even though it was a very small black run I couldn't stay up. Not to mention it was knee deep so I'm sure I looked absolutely ridiculous.

I won't be going that way again!

#23 ·
Aww damn. I am so jealous of anyone who gets to go Thursday-Saturday. Looks like they're going to get dumped on. I'll be sitting in a cabin at Rainier (naturally on the other side to Crystal Mountain so I can't ever go over there) wishing my girls weekend had been canceled. I'd so much rather be out there falling in the fluff. :(

#25 ·
I can only get there on Sunday. Leave some for me!

Also if you can do Exhibition easily try the black to the right of it - I think it's called Panorama? It's a bit steeper, and while I felt that Exhibition was easier than the blues on the back side, Panorama was a small step up in difficulty but short enough in length that you don't feel out of your depth.

#38 ·
At this point I don't care if I have to buy my lift ticket with 4 different credit cards, I am going on Monday. I'll probably have to be up at the ass crack of dawn and take their shuttle, but whatever. Rather that then have chain restrictions on the road and be screwed.

Hope everyone who's going Fri-Sun has a bad ass time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.