Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Opinions Wanted- NS Heritage and Legacy
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mel M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
I'm just afraid that the Heritage is a little too "big mountain" for what I have...which is east coast groomed ice (usually), with some dust here and there.

Thanks!
Don't have a Heritage, but have an SL and a Raptor. I live an hour and change south of Blue Mountain, PA. I"ve ridden several PA mountains as well as Vermont.

The Heritage is NOT too "big mountain" for the east coast. I thought the same for the Raptor, but ended up finding it's edge hold ideal for the conditions we ride in over here. East coast hardpack is half a step away from real ice IMO.

Since you seem to already have a park board, there's no reason to not get the Heritage. Especially when the conditions get crappy here, I like the combined dampness and stiffness of the Raptor, which helps me keep higher speeds in not so ideal conditions such as rutted out groomers.

The SL's great too, but that's my "park" board and the occasional tree run. For any kind of hard charging, I go for the Raptor.
Mel M is offline   Reply With Quote