Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help for selecting ideal board purchase
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

To go into more detail on the price vs. value of boards in general, there are very rare cases outside of BX or splits where spending more than $700 on a deck alone is warranted.

If you really look into the boards you're looking at you'll notice they dont cater to a specific riding style, but instead to a specific rider. The guy who wants the most tech, lowest weight, and must illustrious price tag. The idea of the addage: light, stiff, cheap, pick two, is a perfect example of what these boards are really on the market for. They arent stiff and light. You're paying a premium for something that is just lighter than a Custom Flying V in the Method and the Vapor sits in between the Custom and CustomX and is just a little lighter than the Custom X. The only improved aspect of these boards is the weight. Are you really willing to pay $1k more than a Custom Flying V to save a quarter pound on your board? Oh not to mention these particular featherweight boards are weak. A good chunk of the weight saved is edge and base material, both of which have been significantly thinned on these boards. Meaning easier core shots and blown edges.

I stand by my original recommendations as they are some of the best riding boards in their category.

Also a particular boards build quality has little to do with it's price tag when you compare between brands. I've seen Lamars that shouldnt be alive after what they went through and Burtons bases come completely off the board in one piece. At this point I've had better ride and durability from the middle to low end decks in brands lines. And I 80% prefer extruded bases to sintered.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634

Last edited by Nivek; 03-28-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote