Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #3673 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
Man, it's been a beautiful run of days here for super late season riding.

I'm taking the girls up to Crystal tomorrow and the more I think about it the more tempted I am to bring my board and do some mild runs. I'm not asking advice, I know everyone would (and should) say not to do it. I'm just sayin, I'm tempted.

Tomorrow is 11 weeks since the injury. For normal breaks that's PLENTY of time but I just dunno about the burst fracture. They told me 5 months. I feel fine for the most part but I haven't tested it or pushed it..

I wish I could have a test done that would tell me if it's past the point where damage could be done or if it's still touch and go.
Dude,.. I know you weren't asking opinions, and you also knew that these would be the responses! But I just want to plead with you in the absolute STRONGEST terms,..

PLEASE do not tempt fate! I know it's been a total bummer and a complete disappointment for you to have missed most of this season, but consider the risk of missing EVERY season from now on!

I really want to be able to race your ass down highlands or Holly/PK next year!!

just my 2₵!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote