Had a quick look at the 2014 Burton Diodes and Genesis and here's what I noticed:
- new toe/ankle ladders that are grooved on both sides along with a matching ratchet system/buckle. Also on the Diodes. I briefly played with them and they seemed fine, but I've never had a problem with the original ratchets so I wonder why they changed them... are they running out of improvements to make? I assume this means you can't use older style ratchets, so finding spares in a pinch may be an issue.
- new (plastic?) ankle strap. Also on the Diodes. When I first saw the catalogue I figured it would be the same material as ride's toe straps, but to my surprise they're a hard plastic with slight give in them. My friend tried them out and didn't have any complaints, but it does make the binding look like a cheap toy.
- gone are the two layer padding on the inside of the highback and footbed... it's only a single layer now like other baseplate padding and the highback padding is only a single small layer on the bottom of the highback and bare at the top, so those complaints have been heard loud and clear.
- The highback looks plastic now as you can't see the carbon weave, but I was told otherwise by the rep. If it's painted over I assume that'll chip quickly.
- The FLAD looks solid and is easy to adjust.
Nice. I was trying to get info on these a couple days ago, the diodes. How is the FWLA dialed in now? Any pics available?
Do you know if any strength improvements have been made to the highback? Over 2013, which I was told are improved over the 2012s.
Great ino- thanks again!