Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To wear or not to wear a Helm?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #364 (permalink)
Liliana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Actually, I think you have the wrong impression. There really is no such thing as an "anti helmet" person. I have never ever encountered a person who was actually against wearing a helmet or tried to dissuade others from wearing a helmet. Everyone agrees that helmets do offer some protection in some circumstances.

I have also never, ever encountered a person who might have wanted to wear a helmet but didn't because they were "spiting" someone. The bottom line here is that people object to having others push helmet use and not just mind their own business. It gets old having people preaching and pushing their opinions on others. It becomes Fascist when people try to force others to their will by making it the law. The people who do not want to wear a helmet don't want others to quit wearing theirs, they just want to be left alone and not have busy bodies in their face preaching.

This whole issue is really very simple. If you want to wear a helmet do so. If you see someone else riding without a helmet, keep your mouth shut and don't mind their business. It's not your place to butt into someone else's business. If people would mind their own business and stop trying to control what everyone else is doing, this country would get along a lot better.
I think you are really degrading the meaning of the word "Fascist" when you use it in this context. Most laws are exactly that: forcing an opinion or preference of one group of people onto the entire society. From your point of view we are already living in a Fascist state, after all, seat belts and motorcycle helmets, and a slew of other things of that nature are already mandatory by law. Mandatory auto insurance is also a Fascist concept then. Is that how you think about it, too?
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote