Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Introduce yourself
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 11:51 PM   #1954 (permalink)
Snowball

Hi everybody, I've been lurking here for quite a while now, but finally decided to join everybody posting. I've been on a board three times or so in 2004, then have up for a long time. Just last year I decided to take my 4-year old boy out riding and because of him couldn't practice much myself. We went like 8 or so times and fell down the mountain more than anything. Then this past season (2012/2013) I finally decided to hit it big. Prepared to be a snowboard instructor, because somebody once told me, I'm a lost case at snowboarding. And if you want me to excel at something, just tell me I can't do it. So beginning January I started learning my s-turns, taking the test, passed, and have been shredding hard. Went from a total beginner basically to doing freestyle in a little bit over two months. From January 25 - March 15 I have been on the slopes every single day, but two days, and after that every weekend until yesterday.

My board is a 2003 DBX with brand new Van's boots. My now 5-year old boy has a Burton Chopper90. Both of us now mastered our s-turns, do straight jumps, Ollie's, butter ups, butterboxes (the lowest and widest so far), and I'm doing 180's, and both of us do a couple of other small tricks. He loves the moguls like nothing else and already knows, that he wants to be a Ski Patroller, when he grows up.

Our home mountain is Roundtop Mountain Resort in PA. We visited Liberty Mountain, Whitetail, Big Boulder, and Snö Mountain this season also. We're both now not one of these from side to side mountain occupying couples/families. I have to say, much to my pride, both of us gained a pretty good control in a fairly short amount of time and using the least amount of space.

Yesterday we rode our last day for this season at Liberty Mountain and therefore you guys may see me more on here. I have time now can't wait till next year though. Even though I reached all my snowboarding goals for this season (finished out the last two ones just in time on my very last run yesterday), I'm already making new ones for the next.

Hopefully I can make some cool connections on here!
Snowball is offline   Reply With Quote