Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New boarder Looking for a new Board
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
flatlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Sorry, but bullshit. Not much difference at all in flex between the Proto and the SL. And the SL is a directional twin and rides switch just fine.
I rode a legacy (wide version of SL) during my first two seasons back after a 10 year break in 2006/7 during which I went from barely handling a difficult blue to shredding double-blacks and hitting most park features. Since then, I've ridden a friend's rome agent and started riding a capita sierrascope in 2009. Admittedly, I haven't ridden a proto....but I know it's rated as an all mountain freestyle board with more flex than something like the SL....similar to the agent and the sierrascope IMO. All that to say, here are my thoughts on your two criticisms:
  • Given my experience with the directional twin legacy, I feel like the the benefit of something closer to a true twin is definitely worthwhile....particularly while learning to be better at riding switch.
  • You do admit there *is* a difference in flex....albeit small. While I can't comment on the proto specifically, I would say the difference in flex between my legacy and the other boards I've ridden is also relatively small....and it definitely made a pretty big difference for me. I even went back to riding my old legacy for a couple of days this season just to confirm my suspicions about this.

Last edited by flatlander; 04-01-2013 at 12:44 PM.
flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote