Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Idk how this happened but ...

5K views 44 replies 17 participants last post by  Soul06 
#1 ·
apparently i'm not only a sunglass whore but a goggle whore now also...so if anyone needs some comparisons, just let me know lol

See less See more
#4 ·
ive tried the fishbowls on, but i never bothered to buy a pair because frankly the EG2's are just so damn good
Wow awesome

Which ones do you use most frequently?
i use the EG2's 90% of the time. it makes my gf nuts cause the oakley goggles in the front left were custom made and cost like $240 and i hardly ever wear em.. but the EG2's are just unmatched in field of vision and comfort IMHO.

the splices are the newest addition and theyre actually really comfortable and the lenses are AMAZING for low light

#30 ·
I'm pretty sure the strap on my EG2's have the silicon beading also. I don't remember offhand, but I've never had them slip either way.
What lenses do you have for the EG2's?

Which lense do you think is best for variable riding?
I have the bronze chrome lenses. I haven't tried a ton of other lenses from Electric but they've served me well through pretty much anything besides sunset and whiteout conditions

#31 ·
I'm pretty sure the strap on my EG2's have the silicon beading also. I don't remember offhand, but I've never had them slip either way.
I have 2012 and 2013 EG2s and both did not have them. From the pic you posted, it looks like you wear them inside the helmet. If you wear them on the outside of the helmet, they do slip a little. Not a big problem, but having the silicone strip help with the slipping when you have the goggles off on top of the helmet.

#10 ·
pretty much. in all fairness my EG2's are now 2 1/2 seasons old and have very little scratches on the lenses (bronze/chrome)..except for when i fell directly on my face. that scratched them up a little bit haha
I feel the same about eg2. I can't wear anything else anymore. Have brand new air brakes sitting in a box. 3-4 pairs of crowbars, some a frames, some fishbowls, One pair of splice, but we each have 2 pairs of electric eg2 or 2.5 for my son and wife.....
yea they're honestly unbeatable. i actually bought a pair of Dragon APX goggles and just couldnt justify them at the time when the EG2's still kicked their asses and they had bluebird lenses in them

#7 ·
I feel the same about eg2. I can't wear anything else anymore. Have brand new air brakes sitting in a box. 3-4 pairs of crowbars, some a frames, some fishbowls, One pair of splice, but we each have 2 pairs of electric eg2 or 2.5 for my son and wife.....

#8 ·
i believe theyre the VR50 pink iridium but i honestly dont know for sure. Ive never seen another pair of Splice's like mine. I got them at the Oakley store in Times Square and sometimes they have some limited stuff.

#16 ·
I used the vr50 pink iridium lenses all season this year in an a frame. Great in all conditions from flat to bluebird. I never bothered switching out once, which was great because lens switching with the a frame is a pain. Next season I'm going to try the anon m1 for ease of switching...

#11 ·
I have 7 lenses and 2 frames that are mine. My yellow have about 75 days on the, fire iridium about the same, pink about 15 and orange about 15. I ditched my bronze a while back and never pull them out and have not used my clears yet. The yellow are scratched up but from me being an idiot... My fire iridium have a few scratches but you can't notice it when wearing them. The yellow are noticeable when wearing but I don't give a shit.... New lenses with my discount locally are $20.....

#14 ·
That's def a downside to high quality goggles.. Lenses don't come cheap. It's why I just sprung for a different pair of goggles entirely for different light conditions. That and I have an obsession with all things sunglasses/goggles.
I have around 25 pairs of high end sunglasses and now 8 pairs of goggles. Nobody NEEDS that many lol.
I also played paintball for years and was given lots of goggles through different sponsorships and grew a major hatred for swapping out lenses lol

#22 ·
Fishbowls went great on the weekend. But having such a large goggle on my head is something to get used to. When riding the gondola, i put them up over my helmet and subsequently gave them their first scratch.

First time ever that i have been able to wear the face mask over my whole face without the goggles fogging up.

How big are the EG2s compared to fishbowls? May if i find a pair with lowlight lenses on sale i might get some of them too; everybody singing such high praises and all that.

#26 ·
I've only tried the I/O on in stores but I think it's a trade off.. The EG2 has unbeatable vision.. Removing the lenses however isn't as easy obviously . And they only come with one lense. I find it works for 80% of light conditions but still..

#35 ·
I've gotta say the best lens on all of them is the HI Persimmon lens in the Splices ... But I hate when people can see my eyes so I use them sparingly lol . Also, I'm in oakley fanatic and firmly believe their actual lens tech is the best

#37 ·
Well I can give you SOME insight into Dye. I played paintball at a very high level for a long time before hanging up my gear, and my last pair of goggles were the Dye I4's ... Dye makes the highest quality products in paintball IMHO, and I've heard nothing but good things about both the T1 and CLK's.. The problem I've found with most stores around here is that since they are new to snow sports and don't offer an entry level goggle, people aren't quick to buy 160$+ goggles by them when Smith and Oakley are right next to them.. Therefore not alot of stores are stocking them around here. I can't speak for the peripheral vision on them, but Dye has incredible quality, a really really good design team and I don't believe for a second that they'd put a pair of goggles on the market that couldn't compete with the best out there.
Ill probably snag a pair next season when I have some extra cash ... I like the easily changeable lenses and I've always supported Dye gear

#38 ·
Well I can give you SOME insight into Dye. I played paintball at a very high level for a long time before hanging up my gear, and my last pair of goggles were the Dye I4's ... Dye makes the highest quality products in paintball IMHO, and I've heard nothing but good things about both the T1 and CLK's..
What makes one hang up their gun on their paintball career?

#39 ·
I honestly just got burnt out.. It's a big commitment for not alot of payout. I'd accomplished pretty much everything I'd wanted to accomplish. I finally got to the point where the politics involved , the expenses and the bs just weren't worth it to me. Nowadays I'd rather compete against myself and nature.. I loved paintball, made some of my best friends through it, travelled all over the country. I just lost the passion that kept me going through the bullshit. Once sponsors and free gear and handouts get involved, it stops being fun and starts being a business. Just wasn't for me .
That's one thing I love about snowboarding.. The pureness of it. Ill never be a pro rider.. Ill never be sponsored . I'm okay with that. I compete against my own limits, I go at my own pace, and I love every second of it .
I will admit I have some great memories though .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.