Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Green ironically not in favour of the coalition
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 03:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
mag⋅net⋅ism

Default Green ironically not in favour of the coalition

For Canucks on the forum, or anyone else in the world who is at all concerned by the pitiful state of Canadian politics, what's your take on the newly-formed coalition?

After voting for the Greens and watching them lose to a landslide in favour of the shifty-eyed Stephen Harper and his yella-bellied Conservatives, I can't help but think that the actions of the opposition parties to form a coalition is a ridiculous move. Where did democracy go? Isn't the greatest attribute of Canadian politics the fact that we are not a two-party system like the US, but rather a mosaic of different parties, different platforms, different priorities?

The Tories won because they had the most votes. Sounds pretty fair and square to me. Bush was elected not once, but twice! Harper too. I think that, like things were in the US, Canadians need to see with their own eyes just what kind of shady, self-serving party the Conservatives are before voting in a new kind of government. Obama is a breath of much-needed fresh-air, so too will Canada have theirs...but not before Steve effs up but good.

Last edited by mag⋅net⋅ism; 12-03-2008 at 03:28 PM.