Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Green ironically not in favour of the coalition
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 06:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
PaoloSmythe
Samyaksambuddhas

i think Bush has done a lot to tarnish the concepts of 'right wing' politics. i mean for a nation which is as left leaning as canada is, how right wing are the conservatives?

considering such a context, i would imagine that a right wing canuck is on par with a lefty american! and so what is so bad about Harper and his party?

personally, this coalition formation is a cop out. instead of trying to formulate compelling policies, the losers in recent elections are trying to shore up support in the form of quantity not quality. this is not democratic, it is strategic.

fair elections were held and one party enjoyed a greater amount of support. it may not be a majority decision, but it was the MOST POPULAR. efforts to undermine this, are efforts to dismiss the choice made by the voting public.

the only thing this coalition endorses, is the 2 party system of america; which is based upon 'black or white', 'with us or against us' electioneering.... it is not an intelligent choice, but a coin toss.

it sucks! canada deserves better