Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #3697 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Second what Sam said everyone there is pretty chill and don't feel intimidated to ask someone,, like, hey I'm trying to learn X Y or Z can you give me some tips or watch me and tell me where I'm messing up? Etc.

They actually have a "butter box" there which is about 3' wide and maybe 8' or 10' long. That is an absolutely perfect feature to learn on, and it's still what I go to pretty often to try new stuff, low consequences.

I made it up there today but couldn't skip work until late... and wife is out of town so I had to be home by 5 for the nanny. About halfway there I almost turned around because it wasn't going to be worth it but I said "fuck it" I'm almost there.

Only ended up staying for about 40 minutes because I was pressed for time but it was all in good shape there today and the features were good. They had some jumps (smaller ones) and mostly rail features in addition to the hip, a wall-ride thingy, that butter-box I described above, and some other stuff.

I did hit two features the big rail and the big rail with the donkey dick for the first time today so I'm pretty stoked about that.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote