Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Board Problems - can too little weight be a problem?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #33 (permalink)
Board Gadget
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatRideSleep View Post
That and, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a flat or zero camber board behave differently in turn initiation that a camber profile? I recall when switching from camber to C2BTX I had to adjust (dial it back) otherwise I would wash out.
I was going to mention this also. A year ago I went from a Burton rental with camber to a my new zero camber board and the thing felt possessed. All of a sudden I couldn't turn and I could barely stop. It felt stupid weird. I have been snowboarding for a year now and this does not happen when I try different boards now. I think when you are first learning you are so focused on moving the board exactly right that you get locked in to that board. Any slight change throws you off completely. Have fun. I have 4 kids also and we are having a blast.