Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #3698 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
So Dave, about this Hawk Island thing. As you know I've never done park at all before but I want to start doing jumps (no rails, boxes, etc). What's the atmosphere like there? Everyone pretty cool or is everyone too cool for school? Which board do you think I should ride, my old Burton Bullet with Missions or my new Heritage with the Capos? I ask that last question because I don't really want to fuck up my new setup, but at the same time it is what I'll be riding most of the time anyways.

God I'm such a stupid noob.
Oh didn't see the second part of your Q. I think you'll be fine on the Heritage if you just want to do jumps. Or even just to "ride on" the butterbox, which basically you would just ride straight across it, no real risk of damaging your board. You're really not super likely to start damaging the base until you're doing sideways slides like boardslides/lipslides/spins on to features etc. Riding straight on for 50/50 is pretty easy on the base, unless it's a real urban feature, or a poorly maintained rail with burrs on it, etc., or made out of concrete like that ledge I hit at Crystal a few weeks ago LOL.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote