Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Pros and Cons About Action Cameras?

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Sincraft 
#1 ·
Hello

I am curently making a survey about action cameras. What I would like to know is what you think is good/bad about them (and why), and what changes/ features could be cool to have. If you could also comment about limitations you have run into with action camera, it would be great!

The more detailed the discriptions are, the better, and please refer to specific camera models.

looking forward to hearing what you have to say!

#8 ·
you're only a dumb as you look...

One of the features I love with the Drift helmets cams is the helmet mount and the Universal Clip that comes with the camera. It allows you, with gloves on, to quickly remove and re-attach the camera with one hand. Even though I work for the resort and a helmet cam company, I don't want to "Look" like a tool bag in the lift line.

So the end of every run, I quickly remove the cam and stick it in my pocket before I even get to the lift line. Drift also has an auto off feature which works nice to save juice. Useful when you just shove it in that dry pocket. I'll stuff a napkin in there to absorb any moisture that that cam has. I get a lot of face shots even on the groomers.

Nothing worse that seeing a Teletubbie in the Men's room.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.