Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread

644K views 8K replies 303 participants last post by  bseracka 
#1 ·
I know it's early, but damn, we need some snow.

Colorado | OpenSnow

That shit looks like a repeat of last season.

#808 ·
What's with all the people wearing googles to the mountains and back from Denver ? Spring break kids working on the google tans?

I see that like 3-4 times a drive anymore.. Didn't budget for sunglasses I guess

Copper Mtn was awesome today, lots of fresh lines in the trees and off the TBar. Only third time there, fun mountain!

#816 · (Edited)
I just looked at the CDOT and WP webcams. Looks like its just now starting to snow around BP. It would be nice if BP/ WP got hit with a good snow squall or two from this storm. Winter park hasn't gotten too much snow lately while Copper has been doing comparatively better over the past couple of weeks.

Edit: 7 o'clock update, snow stake at Copper is almost up to 7" and just a dusting in the c-lot at the Jane. Nothing yet for Loveland.

#819 ·
Hey all, haven't been on for a minute. Anyone know when last call is for all these vail resorts?

Thanks kindly

#825 ·
Rode Breck today they claimed 7 in 24 it was more like 2 to 3 except on the south facing aspects. Heavy wet chunder except in some trees. Wasn't bad but once it warmed up it was heavy.

I got my first warning of the season and it's over in a few days.

This yellow jacket said I was straight lining and not making turns. Um no, I was riding my base flat cause I wanted to ollie the roller she was standing on. There's only one roller I am not allowed to jump and it was not this one. I think the way they determine your speed is retarded.

I bet after she left to catch me a bunch of bro bras tore through there ollieing over children and spaying everyone. I only went through there because a large group of people were pop blocking paymaster. I choose to take the less crowded routes.
Help control the gaper population have your gaper spayed or neutered.

#824 ·

I got my first warning of the season and it's over in a few days.

This yellow jacket said I was straight lining and not making turns. Um no, I was riding my base flat cause I wanted to ollie the roller she was standing on. There's only one roller I am not allowed to jump and it was not this one. I think the way they determine your speed is retarded.

I bet after she left to catch me a bunch of bro bras tore through there ollieing over children and spaying everyone. I only went through there because a large group of people were pop blocking paymaster. I choose to take the less crowded routes.

#827 ·
Man I'd love to go but horribly unprepared. I still gotta get me the basic beacon/shovel/probe + education. I'd steal Lgorge's split for a little tour in a heartbeat though..I've been hiking all season with some days where we mostly hiked and only got 2 or 3 runs.

Kill it for us man! In the next couple years me and my homie Mike will probably be joining you out there...

#828 ·
I've been getting after it for sure. It has been super nice.

On a side note though, I got to use the new bypass around the East Bound tunnel at Idaho Springs on I70 yesterday. All you weekend guys, get ready to eat a bag of dicks every weekend for the next two seasons. For Sunday Summer travelers, get ready to eat a bag of elephant dicks when you use that. It is going to seriously suck. I suspect I am going to do a lot more stuff in Rocky Mountain, Cameron Pass, and other spots next year. I love Bert, but that thing is going to be a serious traffic jam on weekends. If you are coming to visit Colorado and plan on leaving on a Sunday, I'd leave very early or schedule your trip elsewhere. It is that bad.

#830 ·
I heard that, but I just don't see how. Originally it was a two year construction effort. Maybe they will get the tunnel done by November but not the full road expansion? Everything before this said it was two years, so I think the local news got it wrong. I have a friend who is an engineer for CDOT so when I get a chance I'll ask him to confirm what the deal is. He knows.

I also got some unedited raw video from yesterday of Cody and myself doing the North Chute on Russel. It was pretty good and gives you and idea of what it has been like on Bert for the past few weeks.

Hope you like it...

#836 ·
I was @ Keystone. It was slushy in some spots and sticky. The weather was great and it was not crowded. I did not do any hikes or anything like that. I was crusin today. Wax your board. It might rain tomorrow, 30 percent chance.

It looks like it will snow right after Keystone closes, it does almost every year. It's because of the Keystone Curse.

#841 ·
Argo, as long as you don't drive down to D-Town on a Sunday, it'll probably be fine. That is the fuck all day during the Summer season. Of course for us types that have weekends off, it is a likely day to be traveling back to Denver. I pretty much avoid I70 for most of the summer, so this one should not be much of a problem for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.