Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread

644K views 8K replies 303 participants last post by  bseracka 
#1 ·
I know it's early, but damn, we need some snow.

Colorado | OpenSnow

That shit looks like a repeat of last season.

#1,463 ·
Well, this didn't go as expected. I figured someone (*cough* BA *cough*) would go on a rant after noticing all but two of the boards in this pic are Never Summers. Also, notice how snowklinger has thrown his board all over my shit. What a dick. :laugh:

I didn't even notice that fucked up carving stance at the time.

#1,467 ·
Honestly, I don't know why the never summer quantity matters?

Theyre Colorado based, the quality is nice and they get you down the hill.

Damned a company for doing well in today's economy.

Would you have posted the photo if they were all Lib techs?

I have to agree with BA, how is there not cartilage and tendons scattered on the snow from that stance?

#1,476 ·
Sk is right. There is some evaporative action but it is nothing like the coasts. High elevations here mean we barely get out of the freezer for most of the season in the mountains.

We are in a drips and drabs cycle right now. That is generally how we get our snow. As long as it continues you'll have decent terrain and snow for your trip.

Probably a good ways north of 50% of the mountain open. Which is great for that time of the year.

#1,478 ·
We'll see if Joel's forecast update is any better today. I have to admit it sounded a bit disappointing but it was kind of hard to take it too seriously. I was at Loveland pass yesterday and it snowed the whole time I was there. Just a few miles away in Georgetown there were blue skies and you wouldn't have been able to tell it was snowed anywhere at all.

Looked at the webcams today and it looks like the sun is out in full force finally. Time to get some more riding in. :D

#1,479 ·
I've got a conference call at 1030 but will be at Keystone around noon if anyone is out. Sun is shining but its a little crisp out right now.

I'll be in blue jacket & pants / green helmet and my stance will look similar to that 'alpine/racers' stance on my NS board. :giggle:

#1,489 ·
Copper wasn't too bad. They have a decent park set up too. More than last year. Was encouraging to see one wall of the pipe already there.

By the time the Broncos game started it was hot lap city, zero lines!

Another good day!

:thumbsup: Keystone tomorrow!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.