Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Speed board/ski apps inaccurate? why?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Default Speed board/ski apps inaccurate? why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
How many times do I have to say it?!? THE SKI APPS ARE NOT ACCURATE! Comparing your top speeds is useless that way...
Was going to post this in original thread I found it, but I would've been risking a thread "hiJack accusation",

So I decided a new post!

I'm not interested so much in everyone telling me "Their App IS accurate!" Or their app is ALWAYS OFF etc.

I'm more interested to know why would that be so. Give some evidence or explanation for why that would be so!

I ask because although I don't expect them to be spot on, I usually rely on them being within 3-5 mph. give or take! The phone apps I use for MTB'ing seem to line up with about that degree of accuracy when compared to the wired speedo/odo on my bike!

They are the same class of application on the same general sorts of terrain, relatively remote locations, elevation, trees & tight turns, especially for you "Glades riders"? So why would the snow sports dedicated apps be inaccurate for boarding? Just curious, as I logged almost 50 mph this season. (...only reasonably sure it was at or just above 45 mph, but still, a personal best for me!!! I'd like to feel good about my "Bragging Rights!")

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!

Last edited by chomps1211; 04-05-2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: cuz I spell for shit!!! (...added a smiley so u kno it's really ME!)
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote