Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone still PREFER camber?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #134 (permalink)
scottb7
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I recently switched from very stiff 2010 ride dh camber to pretty soft 2012 rome gargage rocker.

The new board is much more surfy and playful. For just playing on the hill buttering, surface 180's 360's, tail press. Stuff just playing on the hill softer rocker board much better.

For carving it is worse. For boxes and rails it is better, but for landing jumps it is worse only in that after you land carving away at high speed (coming down off jump) is worse. Worse, only in that you are moving quick and trying to regain control (slow down). As I get used to new board perhaps I will improve. Plus where I am at minnesota buck hill there is usually not all that much room before you run into someone or something.

Mainly my point is this: I think most of concerns about rocker boards vs camber is not so much due to shape as it is to softness of the board. I can't be sure, but I think if my rocker board was stiffer the edges would bite in more when carving. So it is not so much the camber/rocker that makes a difference.

Last edited by scottb7; 04-05-2013 at 02:20 PM.
scottb7 is offline   Reply With Quote