Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How do you fix deep nicks and dinge in the edge?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
pdxrealtor
Veteran Member

I filed most of them out, I wanted to go back to OEM specs on bevels so took advantage of the need to file and went to a 0 base 1 side wall bevel.

Got most of the nicks out. There was one that was too deep and half moon shaped. I tried to file that area with hand file at 45* which worked but it seems impossible to now get that area sharp. It was a long shot but I thought I'd try it. At least I don't have a huge gouge grabbing the snow.

The bottom of my board is convex, and I have no clue why since it had a mild base grind end of last season. I'm going to take it in and talk to them about it and see where it goes. I'd like the base flat......

Jb weld sounds like a good idea. We used the plumber putty type to fill bolt holes on the bottom of our jetskis and gained 1 mph on the water. We'd grind it smooth with air grinders so it is strong stuff. I don't know how it work on such a small are though, and in the snow.
pdxrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote