Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarding honeymoon suggestions??
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #35 (permalink)
Argo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymcknight View Post
So me and my fiancée are deciding on where to go for our honeymoon. We want to go somewhere with great snowboarding but also romantic. We have been deciding between Whistler, Vermont and Banff/Lake Louise/Sunshine. I have heard great things about Banff. I hear they have hot springs which is a bonus. I have never been to any of these locations and would like peoples opinions. I have tried to look online for honeymoon packages but there doesn't seem to be much of anything. All honeymoon packages seem to be to Europe or some tropical destination which is not what we are looking for. Where's the honeymoon vacations for snowboarding??? Any opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I just went through quite a bit of territory on my trip. Banff would be my only choice in that region. Whistler looks nice but we didnt go that far west. Living in vail, going to other ski areas makes me love Vail that much more. It is a very romantic place and the boarding is great. Whistler would be a similar experience to Vail from what I can tell.

Everything after Banff on the highway to Revy, including Revy, was just kinda blah.. Small run down towns without much going on. The "resort' area at revy closed everything but one restaurant at like 5pm. We rode there 3 days and were not impressed. We were actually pretty bored with the mountain/area that we hauled ass to Jackson Hole to ride for a day. I would have to put Jackson on your list too. Very cute little town, great mountain with amazing terrain, better than Revy. The base areas at Jackson are built nicely too with a free bus system going into town from Teton Village.

I have never been to Vermont but hear its nice..... I would not recommend a honeymoon there just because I have not been there. I have been to Tahoe this season also. Northstar is pretty nice.... its pretty small as far as the resort area is concerned and beginner/intermediate mountain terrain. Great amenities on the property.

I would stick with Vail and Whistler but would edge it to vail just because its snow quality is better in Jan/Feb. Both village bases are quite sprawling with a ton of shit to do. There is very little Bro-brah shit going on here too. Very professional and polite service industry type people......
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote