Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

2nd Season Snowboarder

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Karasene 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, and also to snowboarding. I just finished up my 2nd season and have already been to Breckenridge, Mammoth, Heavenly, Northstar, and Brian Head. My home mountain is Big Bear.

I'm in my late 20's and painfully regret that I didn't start boarding sooner. My friends always used to urge me to go but I always said no because I didn't find it interesting. When the season began 2 years ago, my friends again asked me to go, so I finally gave in... Fast forward to today, I have probably gone up 50+ times. I seriously don't know why I didn't do this a lot sooner! I absolutely love it.

My set-up is a 2011 Burton Custom Flying V with Burton Cartel EST bindings, along with Vans Encore boots.

I've been lurking here and I finally decided to register. I have learned so much on this site just by reading. I hope some of us can meet one day and shred!

If you are interested in watching my noob video edits this season, here's the thread.

See less See more
#6 ·
Very cool man, I'll have to check out your videos some time. I started riding in Jan of 2012 and just finished my second season. I'm 31 now and I love it too. I was big into dirt jumping on my bike when I was younger and now I love hitting a nice jump on my board. Only difference now is that I'm way more cautious. Btw, there is a guy at one of the local mountains here hitting huge front flips and back flips over big jumps and he's 35. He started riding when he was 29. The guy is pretty amazing.

#8 ·
19?...Shiite , don't even worry about it, at 19 you have plenty of time to bounce back

Everyone has jobs and obligations, riding is the time to leave all that ish behind for a while....I bet that you are actually more likely to mess yourself up being hesitant and careful than push it a bit...you're not gonna kill yourself probably, broken leg is unlikely, it's wrists, collarbones, shoulders, etc., hurts, but not a jobender-showstopper injury...so I suggest some of those nice winter wristgaurds, helmet, LESSONS...and just charge, life is short

#10 ·
I started when I was 23 and thought the same damn thing. We all do ya know, wonder why and regret we didn't pick it up sooner.

I just turned 27 and ride a board like I'm 17.
In my four seasons I've broken my neck/slammed and swollen up my back and just recently smashed my elbow into 30 broken pieces and half my arm is filled with metal. Never have I been broken so hard and never did I think I would love something enough to not care about the risks. The feeling of being creative, the adrenaline and feeling like you're living is what makes it so rad. It's worth every gain, pain or not. Hopefully you'll be less of a dare devil than I am. Good luck!! Happy shredding!!! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.