Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - waterproofing boots with WD-40?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
Hayabusa

Thanks for all the advice and ideas everyone

@ Kev711 Thank you!
the plastic bags worked like magic. I mainly just had them around the foot part of the boots and it did the trick.
My feet were pretty much bone dry after a full day of riding!!
AND this totally proves my theory about the boot shell.

The outside fabric parts on the outer boot shell were all soaked.
It's just the material of the boot it seems... the boot is completely intact. no holes or gaps or cracks anywhere.
Just parts of it are made of a fabric material that seems to absorb the moisture from the snow/ ice that lands on and gets stuck to it.

@timmytard
ah I was on whistler, I thought cypress is probably pretty melty now. It was good riding, but really low visibility. Went over to 7th Heaven (at last) but it was pretty much riding blind, couldn't see the slope angle at all, could barely make out the horizon line....
The snow was great though!

@ bamfb2 Yeah the tip sounded kinda bogus so I decided to ask about it first good thing too!

I'm probably going to go to the store to ask about it. Either warranty (I hope... these boots are starting to bug me ) or they might have some idea of how to fix them semi-permanently.
Hayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote