Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Tuckerman's Ravine
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #34 (permalink)
Psi-Man

Yea, Spring season is definitely extended this year at Tux.

Well, you definitely can split up to HoJo's (1st and longest phase). From there to the bowl you can still do it, depending on which way you go, but most people are booting from there. Although, I saw a guy on skis skinning right over the rocks, etc. on the main trail up to the bowl. Obviously in the bowl you are booting. I leave my pack at the base and use the board as climbing device. I passed a couple of boarders who had the boards on their backs and were having a hell of a time with the wind and trying to get a footing in the real hard pack stuff. I am also not accustomed to riding with gear on my back, something that is a little disconcerting on +40 degree slopes. I climbed through a few sections of 1-2 feet of pow in the right gulley, so I was going to make damn sure I was hitting that on the way down. For me, it was something different as I am used to doing it in "Spring" conditions. I would love to get back up there this Spring. If I lived closer I would do it more often and have all the proper gear.

Last edited by Psi-Man; 04-08-2013 at 10:46 AM. Reason: spelling
Psi-Man is online now   Reply With Quote