Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - One more day! One more day!
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
EastCoastChris
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

I know right? As a kid I've had season where I got days in both October and May.

Seriously though.. I still think East coast is better than West coast. Thats my observation after this season. I think its harder and makes for better riders. Westies are petty spoiled. I came pretty close to doing the Wall at Kirkwood coming back after a 12 year hiatus (so no I didnt need to learn to turn all over again but I did have to practice dynamic on steeps and I still havent got back to riding switch at all.) I was with a Kirkwood instructor and we would have gone if it wasnt too late in the day for her to get up there and back. That was only because I learned while shredding upper Zachary that it doesn't hurt if you fall out here. I took a full on digger at like 35 mph and laughed about it. Do that on Haulback at that loaf when its sheer ice and you wont be laughing (after you get your wind back that is.) It doesn't take a ton of technique to huck yourself off a cliff or down a chute into feet of fresh snow.

I cant wait to get back on the east coast next season. C'mon November!

(Opening day 2013-2014, Stratton)
EastCoastChris is online now   Reply With Quote