Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What's on your wish list for next year?
View Single Post
post #62 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 12:19 PM
KansasNoob
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMTNsteeze View Post
To that guy asking if Burton Jackets are any good, my answer is yes. I had 3 of them and they were the jackets that did not rip up in the middle of the season. I owned other brands and they split apart in the middle of the season. All 3 of the Burton jackets were older. I have not bough any recent jackets in years. The last 2 were super cheap lucky scores at yard sales and thrift stores. I also had good luck with Burton snow pants. If a jacket lasts me more than a season, it's good. I have one with about 70 days on it and no seams have tore yet.
Thanks for the feedback! The Cabela's jacket I have now is tough as nails but it's pretty heavy, no vents or waistband to keep out snow either. All I can wear under it is my base layer unless temp is under 15-20F. Honestly it's probably too hot. It's an awesome jacket, just not so much for riding. Same thing goes for my pants, waterproof and warm but heavy. I was looking at the Poacher lineup to maybe replace both of them.