Join Date: Jan 2008
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
So rode the dfunk on sunday for the first time. Conditions where mostly heavy pow, aka cascade concrete, rode pretty fast. Never used a graphite wax before so I can't compare but it worked better than swix lf8 i've used in the spring before as well as all temps such as dakine nitrous and hertel hot sauce.
Wax went on and off pretty easily. One gripe I had was that the wax emulsion wasn't consistent and the metal or whatever had settled in the mold at the bottom when casting, when made the coverage inconsistent. I ended up having to use a lot more wax than I normally do to get more of the emulsion dispersed but I don't think a lot of it got absorbed because it had become saturated with the plain wax. If I had to do it again I probably would strip the base as I had only 1 day on it since the last wax, and find a way to melt and mix the wax before applying. Also after scraping and brushing the base was pretty splotchy which I guess is pretty common with graphite like waxes.
I probably used 20% of the bar on 2 boards so I expect to get 10-12 waxes out of the bar for $24 so $2-3/wax isn't too bad. Hopefully I can get another day or two on it by the end of the season to get a better assessment.