Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Jones Hovercraft -156 or 160
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 02:32 AM   #17 (permalink)
Zenhugh

I'm 5'11" and weigh around 196pounds. I'm after a Jones Hover split board but not sure on the size also. Has anyone rode the 160 and 156 as a comparison. I do alot of back country riding in Siberia which is nothing but powder. Although I love high speed in big open spaces I equally like riding through tight trees with loads of ledges and drop offs. Like the other genuine questions (counting out Mr Texas who wants a Pow board for groomers???) I don't want to sacrifice manoeuvrability in the tight stuff but also need to handle up to 7ft of real soft powder in November here and also Japan back country trips. I'm leaning to a 160 but I have no real idea how the 156 would handle in deep pow under my weight. This will be a quiver board naturally. I also have a GNU Billy Goat 162 which I ride on the groomers over here and it handles up to about 3ft of Pow pretty well but in the deeper stuff can nose dive a bit. I have a NS Premier F1 for back in NZ and Australia where what they call powder is our worst day in Siberia.
Zenhugh is offline   Reply With Quote