Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - REVIEW; Neversummer Raptor 156
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #201 (permalink)
scottyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiel View Post
Thanks for the feedback Werner SL...

Still thinking on this, but with a 164 sitting in my livingroom, I might just keep it and give it a go.

One thing that I'm wondering about is bindings. Are the new style reflex bindings lower profile (board to boot) than my 2008 vintage burton Cartels?
I think the profile is about the same. I had 2008 Burton Mission bindings and upgraded to 2013 Burton Cartels this year and the disc width is pretty much the same.

Regarding the 164 vs 161X... you are right on the fence with your angles. I would say if you hadn't already bought the board, go with a 161X, but since you already have a 164 you might as well give it a go. The 161X is still avaiable at Backcountry.com Never Summer Raptor X Snowboard - Wide | Backcountry.com - I would buy it at that price and give it a go. If you don't like it you return it in a month or 10 years from now and all you have to pay is $6.99 in shipping. If you are that torn, I would go that route.

I have a 164 and love it but keep in mind I'm 6'3" 195 with a 10.5 boot with an 18/0 degree directional regular stance. Fits me perfectly. Maybe you could play around with your stances with a 161X to give you more leverage and control at the edges since they are so agressive right now. Either decision you make won't be earth-shattering and detrimental to you ride. Both decisions have their pros/cons with your boot size/weight/stance angles.
scottyroo is offline   Reply With Quote